The videos of all the talks are now available online.
Welcome to the webpage for NIPS 2012 workshop on parallel and large-scale machine learning.
This workshop aims to:
- Bring together parallel system builders in industry and academia, machine learning algorithms experts, and end users to identify the key challenges, opportunities, and myths of Big Learning. What REALLY changes from the traditional learning setting when faced with terabytes or petabytes of data?
- Solicit practical case studies, demos, benchmarks and lessons-learned presentations, and position papers.
- Showcase recent and ongoing progress towards parallel ML algorithms
- Provide a forum for exchange regarding tools, software, and systems that address the Big Learning problem.
- Educate the researchers and practitioners across communities on state-of-the-art solutions and their limitations, particularly focusing on key criteria for selecting task- and domain-appropriate platforms and algorithms.
Room: Harveys Emerald Bay A
Venue: Lake Tahoe, Nevada
Dates: Saturday, December 8, 2012
The dates below are subject to change.
|Call for papers announced:|
|Final version deadline:|
|Workshop:||8th December, 2012|
- January 13th, 2013': Talk videos are now available (bonus, Jamon award).
- November 26th, 2012: Accepted papers are available.
- November 25th, 2012: Schedule updated.
- November 2nd, 2012: Acceptance notifications emailed.
- October 27, 2012: Due to a high number of high quality submissions, notification is delayed.
- October 21, 2012: Room and date finalized.
- August 23, 2012: Website is live.
- August 19, 2012: Workshop proposal accepted!